We deployed a Hussh Pod 30/45, with our cross hire client Falcon who deployed a 60kVA diesel generator to a site in Hawkhurst.
The aim of this site set-up was for the Hussh Pod to supply 2 cabins and a CCTV system with silent battery power during the night-time and a diesel generator to supply the site with power during the day, whilst re-charging the Hussh Pod’s batteries.
Innovation and Sustainability
The aim of this set up is to be as sustainable as possible, during the day the sites power is provided from the diesel generator due to this being the highest load points, and the Hussh Pod supplying power during the night-time hours to equipment such as, lighting, heaters in the drying room which are controlled via timers and a CCTV system. This set up led to a 75% reduction in the amount of fuel being used by the generator and CO2 emissions.
The site has now been on hire since 24nd September 2021 (4 months) and has operated on Hussh Pod battery for 75% of the time available and the generator running for the remaining 25%.
This has resulted in an approximate *12,492 litres of fuel being saved at a value of *£18,738 and a reduction of nearly *32,983kg of CO2 compared to when running solely on a diesel generator.
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre*
30/45 Hussh Pod Battery Generator
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre. **Based against previous case studies. Loads / Hire price might vary.