We deployed a Hussh Pod 30/45 with 60kVA diesel generator to a site in Widnes.
The Hussh Pod has been configured to supply 8 x cabins with silent battery power during the nighttime hours of 7pm to 7am and the diesel generator to supply the site with power during the day and charge the Hussh Pod’s batteries.
Innovation and Sustainability
The aim of this set up is to be as sustainable as possible using the diesel generator to supply power to site when loads were expected to be high during the working day and to also charge the Hussh Pod batteries. The Hussh Pod has supplied power to site during the night-time hours to run equipment such as heaters in the drying room and fridges in the canteen. No additional renewables were attached to the Hussh Pod.
The site has now been on hire since 17th August 2021 (2 months) and has operated on Hussh Pod battery for 49% of the time available and the generator running for the remaining 51%.
This has resulted in an approximate *2,976 litres of fuel being saved at a value of *£4,464 and a reduction of nearly *7,858kg of CO2 compared with running solely on a diesel generator.
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre*
30/45 Hussh Pod Battery Generator
1 x 60kVA Generator
8 x Cabins
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre. **Based against previous case studies. Loads / Hire price might vary.