We deployed a Hussh Pod 30/45 with solar panels and a wind turbine, with a 60kVA diesel generator to a site in Gascoigne Wood.
The aim of this site set up was for the Hussh Pod to supply 4 cabins with silent battery power during the night-time between 7pm to 7am and a diesel generator to supply the site with power during the day whilst re-charging the Hussh Pod’s batteries.
Innovation and Sustainability
The aim of this set up is to be as sustainable as possible using the solar panels and wind turbine to assist with charging the Hussh Pod batteries, alongside the diesel generator. During the day the sites’ power was provided from the diesel generator due to this being the highest load points and the Hussh Pod would supply power during the night-time hours to equipment such as heaters in the drying room and fridges in the canteen. This set up this led to a 55% reduction in the amount of fuel being used by the generator and co2 emissions.
The site has now been on hire since 22nd March 2021 (6 months) and has operated on Hussh Pod battery for 55% of the time available and the generator running for the remaining 45%.
This has resulted in an approximate *7,915 litres of fuel being saved at a value of *£11,873 and a reduction of nearly *32,294kg of CO2 compared to when running solely on a diesel generator.
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre*
30/45 Hussh Pod Battery Generator
2 x Solar Panels
1 x 400w Wind Turbine
1 x 60kVA Generator
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre. **Based against previous case studies. Loads / Hire price might vary.