We deployed a Hussh Pod 30/45, with a 60kVA diesel generator to our client Olive Square at a site in St Johns Wood, Central London.
The aim of this site set-up was for the Hussh Pod to supply power for property flood repairs including pumps with silent battery power during the night-time between 3 PM to 9 AM, and a diesel generator to supply the site with power during the day whilst re-charging the Hussh Pod’s batteries.
Innovation and Sustainability
The aim of this set up is to be as sustainable as possible so between the hours of 9 AM and 3 PM the sites power was provided from the diesel generator, due to this being the highest load points, and the Hussh Pod would supply power during the nighttime hours to equipment such as pumps and heaters. This set up led to a 71% reduction in the amount of fuel being used by the generator and CO2 emissions.
The site has now been on hire since 20th August 2021 (5 months) and has operated on Hussh Pod battery for 71% of the time available and the generator running for the remaining 29%.
This has resulted in an approximate *13,249 litres of fuel being saved at a value of *£19,874 and a reduction of nearly *39,094kg of CO2 compared to when running solely on a diesel generator.
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre*
Olive Square Hired:
1 x 30/45 Hussh Pod Battery Generator
1 x 60kVA Generator
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre. **Based against previous case studies. Loads / Hire price might vary.