We cross hired a Hussh Pod 5/15 to our client WB Power Service with one of their 125kVA diesel generators to a Total Tower Cranes site in Corby.
The aim of this site set-up was for the Hussh Pod to supply the cranes aviation lights with silent battery power during the nighttime, and use a diesel generator to provide the crane with operational power during the day whilst simultaneously re-charging the Hussh Pod’s batteries.
Innovation and Sustainability
The aim of this set up is to be as sustainable as possible using the Hussh Pod to power the crane lights during night-time. During the day the crane power was provided from the diesel generator. This set up led to a 56% reduction in the amount of fuel being used by the generator and CO2 emissions.
The site has now been on hire since 9th August 2021 (6 months) and has operated on Hussh Pod battery for 54% of the time available and the generator running for the remaining 46%.
This has resulted in an approximate *23,687 litres of fuel being saved at a value of *£35,531 and a reduction of nearly *62,534kg of CO2 compared to when running solely on a diesel generator.
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre*
1 x 5/15 Hussh Pod Battery Generator
*These figures are based on the generator being a 60kVA with a fuel consumption of 5ltrs per hour at a cost of £1.50 per litre. **Based against previous case studies. Loads / Hire price might vary.