In our modern and technologically-advanced world, everything requires a source of energy. Whether you are looking to host your wedding in a remote location or throw the biggest festival your area has ever seen, you will need a source of power.
In every event, there are two major decisions to be taken care of. The first one is the venue or the location where the event will happen. The second one is where the power for the event will be supplied from.
Finding the right source of power for a particular event can be a complicated and challenging process. However, the solution is simpler than you may have initially thought.
Power Generators: A Temporary Power Solution for Events
Power is of vital importance for the overall success of any event or festival. The best power solution for any occasion is the temporary installation of power generators. Generators are a movable source of energy converters that provides electrical power for use in any event or festival. There are various types of events where generators are widely used. Some of those include:
- Corporate Events – including seminars, conferences, trade shows, workshops, product launches, and more.
- Social Events – in the likes of reunions, themed parties, marriages, flower shows, kids events, and more.
- Fundraising Events – like Auctions, Sporting Events, etc.
- Global Festivals and Events – include concerts, music festivals, live stage shows, sports tournaments, comedy nights, and more.
The above is just a small part of an ever-growing list where power generators are used for the temporary power supply. Without power, an event quite simply cannot be successful as anything from stage speakers to temporarily installed lights can’t operate without a source of electricity.
With the increased use of conventional diesel-powered generators, the demand is rising, exhausting a tremendous amount of non-renewable resources. This, in turn, increases the price, which makes the overall cost of an event even more expensive. Besides monetary issues, a diesel-powered generator also isn’t very environmentally friendly, as huge amounts of carbon emissions are released into the atmosphere in a short time period. This leads to important points to consider:
- Power is generally one of the highest single productions cost of events.
- The estimated quantity of fuel consumed for generators is often considered a fixed and irreversible cost by festival and event managers.
- The inefficient use of generators is widespread all around the globe.
- The leading cause of fuel wastage while using generators is a lack of information about requirements and lack of communications between contractors and festival or event managers.
- Fuel costs are rapidly rising, and the fuel market is forecast to change unpredictably at any given time.
- The event and festival sector has a unique opportunity to contribute to the carbon reduction movement for a healthier environment and a better tomorrow.
What Can Be Done to Minimize the Issues?
- Reduce power demand: A comprehensive plan can be carried out in detail to find out the exact energy that a particular even will require to run smoothly. This way, there will be no shortage of energy and no waste.
- Use environmentally-friendly power generators: Increase the use of biofuel, renewable system generators or hybrid generators for events. You will find that those types of environmentally-friendly power generators are just as good, if not better.
What is a Hybrid Generator and is it a Sustainable Solution for Events and Festivals?
Hybrid generators are a modern type of power generators that combine traditional generator sets with another controllable electric source to generate a fuel-efficient, noise-reduced, and environment-friendly power supply source.
The controllable electric source may be anything from a battery fuel cell to a solar panel or a wind turbine generator. Virtually any renewable energy source can be attached to a hybrid generator to produce power.
The batteries or cells in hybrid generators are charged by renewable power sources along with the traditional (fuel/diesel) generators during their operation. The power supply is given from the charged batteries when the load requirement is low, thus eliminating fuel generators’ need to continuously operate for long periods. This will, in turn, reduce the bills for fuel while lowering the carbon footprint of the generator.
Nowadays, hybrid generators are becoming a sustainable solution as their technology is spreading into the modern world. Hybrid Generators for events are becoming a sustainable and prevalent solution for the following reasons:
- Renewable Energy Sources: Hybrid generators for events use traditional fuel generators with renewable power sources.
- Low Fuel Bills: Hybrid generator for events helps reduce the fuel bills as the use of a traditional generator is required only for a certain amount of time when the required load of power is high during the event or festival.
- Noise Reduction: Hybrid generators for events produce very little noise as compared to traditional fuel-powered generators.
- Fully Automated System: These hybrid generators have innovative control systems, which can help the operator check the systems’ status at any time.
In other words, with the advancements of technology all around the world, hybrid generators are becoming the go-to solution for powering up events in a cleaner and more cost-effective manner.
How Power Saving Solutions Can Help Host Your Next Event
At Power Saving Solutions, our team specialises in running a range of different events as environmentally-friendly as possible while ensuring that you are not short of power at any given moment.
As every event has different power needs, our team will conduct all of the research necessary and customise the hybrid generators to your requirements to make them as efficient as possible.
Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- 24/7 support all year round
- Industry leaders in the supply of hybrid generators
- Reliable and affordable power sourcing solutions
- Our generators pollute the environment significantly less
- Every hybrid generator is customised to your needs
Many event managers neglect their source of power and stick to traditional methods, which end up costing more and are also worse for the environment. This is where we come in. At Power Saving Solutions, you can hire a leading company working towards a better world by providing event managers with a custom power-generating solution that is more cost-effective, reliable, and healthier for the environment.